Home is where the heart is, and I gave it to you in a paper bag.



As long time readers of my blog are well aware, I left my university city just over four months ago. The time since (minus the graduation ceremony, of course!) has been spent mainly in Essex, with trips to Paris, the Lake District, Birmingham, and Oxford taking up a fair amount of my time, not to mention the heinous amount of money I've spent getting to London and back. Although it all looks like a lark, the photos I upload don't quite reflect the time I've spent adjusting to life back at home and the inevitable job hunt that undergraduates think is never going to happen, but sneaks up on you before you get your rent deposit back. My main group of university friends are all off doing various things, which I love getting updates on via facebook; one's still in Liverpool (jealous!), one has a placement at a school, one has just started her MA, and the other is working hard in preparation for starting hers next year. I hit them with a bit of a bombshell last week (it means I've had to cancel my trip up there next month!), and it's about time I wrote a blog post about it, as it will have a real impact on how often I'll post, and the location of everything when I do: I'm moving to Germany.

I signed a contract saying that I'll be working with STYLIGHT for sixth months from early November, so I'll be relocating to their Munich offices next month. I've got a lot to sort out before I book my flights, which is more than a little daunting, but I'm sure it'll be worth the stress. If any of you have any tips for moving abroad, particularly München/Germany, then I would be really happy to hear them, but I've been chatting a lot to my friend who lived in Stuttgart on his year abroad and to Kavita who's currently out there and both have been the most reassuring sources of comfort I could hope for. I hope there won't be much of an impact on my blog, but it'll certainly be a change from Essex's fields, and Liverpool's brick walls! I'm more than a little bit excited, if nervous, but I'm sure I'll be back before you know it. Now all I need to do is find somewhere to live...

PS, I picked the above two pieces to highlight "home": my first year accommodation in Liverpool was a five minute walk from Penny Lane of Beatles fame (I picked this sign, kindly sent to me by Out There Interiors who sell everything from amazing lamps like Caroline's to stuff for your garden. I, of course, went for something wholly impractical), and the playsuit has become my go-to night out piece (I'm wearing it tonight!), which is something Essex is pretty well-known for.

15 comments:

  1. awwheee that is so so exciting lady, congratulations!!!
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Such an exciting opportunity for you :) good luck with it all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Can't wait to see Munich through your eyes! I can definitely relate to having a lot of life decisions going on behind the scenes, this sounds like a great opportunity and I hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting!! Snapsies on the road sign, I got Brick Lane!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! I know a girl who lived in Germany for a year or so, if you've got any questions send them my way and I'll pass them on :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so exciting, boo. Good luck good luck good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow congratulations! Have an amazing time

    Julia x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck, Rebecca! I'm sure you'll have an amazing time. Looking forward to seeing your film snaps of various places! And Penny Lane literally bordered my old school grounds! I'd see tourists pour off a tour bus everyday taking photos with this street sign which I never saw as more than just another street sign!

    Jade | JadeFungBlog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Rebecca! That's such amazing news, I'm so happy for you and excited to see what this brings. I'm from Germany and Munich is one of my favourite cities in all of Germany you will love it. I did a nine month stint in France for my degree and moving out there was tough but worth it. If you need any help regarding the German language let me know! If you're a tea fan I seriously recommend bringing tea with you. Such a cliche but British tea is more expensive in the UK and Germans are mad for herbal teas. Bavaria is beautiful you will love it!
    xxx
    Nina from little nomad

    ReplyDelete
  10. Viel Gück ins Deutschland! I lived in Leipzig whilst studying and am heading back in December, I worked hard, I partied hard and I miss Germany a lot. I hope you enjoy it. Best advice- go prepared to roll up your sleeves and pitch in, the Germans have the most amazing work ethic, but the reward is that they also know how to blow off steam afterward. Also, prepare for lots of yummy coffee, lots of yummy cake and more pizza than I've seen anywhere else in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Rebecca, I moved to Munich 18 months ago due to my husband's job. We absolutely love it. It s a great city, so much to see, do, eat, drink, shop....I could go on! If you need any advice on anything at all then feel free to get in contact with me. Good luck and enjoy lovely Munchen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wooop how exciting! I lived in Spain for a year and had the best, but it was hard to adapt at first. I think the biggest tip anyone can give you is to always make an effort, and say yes to as much as you can! Otherwise you can end up feeling isolated/demoralised.. and get to know as many locals as you can. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. WhatsApp Plus brings all the functions you have been enjoying on your basic WhatsApp account to the fore, spicing that up with even more opportunities of its own to ensure WhatsApp Plus 11.00 Latest Version For Android Apk

    ReplyDelete
  14. i really love your blog content, thanks for sharing nice post, keep sharing more info

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am often to blogging and i really appreciate your content. The article has really peaks my interest. I am going to bookmark your site and keep checking for new information.

    Cplusplus.com
    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete


Hello, I'm Rebecca: social media exec, new-ish coffee drinker and loafer-wearer.
Want to get in touch? Email me.
Want to find out more? Read my about me.

Search

Pinterest

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.